Fascinating things/ people do/ are :
- Provoke strong Emotions
- Create Advocates
- Become a cultural shorthand for a set of actions or values
- Incites Conversations
- Force the competition to conform to them
- Are not afraid to challenge status quo
Triggers of Fascination:
- Alarm: Provocing a alarming signal in people does
- Lust: Talking to the senses. Sex sells.
- Trust: The only strategy to build long term commitment to something/ to someone is by establishing trust.
- Power: The show of Authority
- Prestige: What makes to the product/ person stand above the rest?
- Mistique: Sending mixed signals
- Vice: We like things that are forbidden, play with that
These are the 7 triggers that acording to the author make us fascinated of something, he recommends to use them wisely and never all at once.
Book on the subject: Fascinate: Your 7 Triggers to Persuasion and Captivation