The main Take-Aways:
1. Willpower in a finite resource, that gets depleted as you use it. Think of it as a battery. We use up Willpower all the time, but the more demanding a task is the more Willpower it will use up.
2. You recharge Willpower by resting and eating food that is high in Glucose, like fruits.
3. Do the most demanding work when you have the most Willpower, meaning in the morning or after a meal.
4. Decisions take up a lot of Willpower, before making an important decision make sure that your are recharged.
5. When our Willpower is low there will be bad consequences like: 1. Things are much more frustrating 2. We do things we latter regret 3. We eat bad food 4. We make more mistakes.
The best way to prevent these consequences is by being aware of our low Willpower and making an effort to recharge it.