Jocko Willink is a retired Navy SEAL Officer, I read this great book by him recently, and here are my notes on it. The lessons in it are mainly on leadership.
- There are no bad teams only bad leaders.
- Take full Ownership of your Life. You have to take full responsibility for everything you do, there is no one to blame but you.
- The Leader has to believe in his vision. Without that believe he can’t inspire people, especially when the goal is something outside most people’s comfort zone.
- People have to have a Why for doing anything. Dont just give orders but give them a meaningful answer to “Why?” doing X.
- Keep the Ego in check, go forward with humility. keep your Ego in check.
- prioritize and execute. When shit hits the fan prioritize the next best step and move on, don’t get paralyzed by chaos. Just take the first step.