Short Summary of the Book: Flourish ny Seligman
According to the founder of positive psychology Martin Seligman there are five main elements of true well-being.
1. Positive Emotions: This does not mean we have to be positive all the time but we should cultivate an overall positive outlook on life. Every time you feel yourself drifting into negativity try to disrupt is by arguing against it.
2. Engagement: Flow, the state in which we are fully engaged and focused at what we are doing while working on the edge of our abilities.
3. Meaning: A sense of a higher purpose for your life and the things you do.
4. Positive Relationships: Having the right kind of people around. Stay away from chronically negative complainers, they will steal your positivity.
5. Achievement: Winning makes us happy. Achievement for its own sake is also part of our well-being. Make sure that the game is winnable.
These are the main points of the book, for further details and more examples I recommend you read this book yourself.